As I mentioned in my RyanAir sale post, I’ll be traveling to London and Stockholm in October — not exactly low-budget travel meccas, especially for travelers with the dollar in their pocket.
These are destinations I’ve never been, but I know some of you faithful readers have visited or even lived in these two cities. Therefore I’m turning to you for advice.
- What can a no-budget traveler see for free in these cities: which are the free museums (and are they worth visiting)? are there attractions with one day a week free? free concerts or festivals? where do you recommend one head with one’s picnic lunch?
- Which are the attractions that are worth splurging for?
- Any tips on eating out? Where are the cheapest groceries sold? Recommended markets?
- Any other bargains to be had? Theater tickets, shopping, student discounts, etc.?
- What is the cheapest way to get around? Multi-day pass vs. pay-as-you-go card, etc.? Cheapest transfer from Stansted and Skavsta?
- Are the toilets free? If not, recommended places for a free pee?
- Do you have any time-saving tips, like buying tickets online to avoid the long lines at X, etc.?
- Any things to avoid, time and money wasters?
Please send me your tips as comments. I will naturally be trying them out and reporting back in the future with my own discoveries as well. Best tip for each location wins a small local souvenir. Happy reminiscing!